Eating habits during pregnancy play an important role in fetus health & development. Intake of food with high Proteins & nutrients is essential not only for growing baby but also for mothers body to sustain the stress& strain of pregnancy. Consumption of a varied diet is mandatory to meet the nutritional need of the unborn baby. In the later trimester of your pregnancy, you may need about 350 – 450 extra calories per day to ensure baby’s overall growth,
A diet lacking in key nutrients may negatively affect the baby’s development & may even cause complications while birth. Consult experienced doctor or dietician who can assist
We in this article are listing the essential food & nutrients to consume during pregnancy
It is no secret that dairy product is beneficial for the human body in all walks of life. High source of protein plus calcium makes dairy products the healthiest intake for pregnant women’s.
Nutritional content: Calcium, phosphorus, vitamins, quality proteins like casein and whey, magnesium & zinc.
Benefits: Dairy products supply extra protein & calcium to suffice the necessities of a growing fetus. Yogurt particularly Greek yogurt contains good probiotic bacteria which are proved to improve digestion. It also helps in building strong teeth and bones of the baby.
Green & Dark Leafy Vegetables
Green & dark leafy vegetables are one of the best food that pregnant women’s can include in their diet. Gorging on green leafy vegetable is vital for well being of the unborn child as well as the moms.
Nutritional Content: Green leafy vegetables are a great source of folate, vitamins & micronutrients like potassium, fiber, manganese, & iron.
- Vegetables like Spinach, broccoli & kale are a good source of folic acid beneficial for a child’s heart. According to research, this superfood has confirmed to shield unborn babies from high blood pressure. Nutritional content of this super veggies guards baby against developing spina bifida, one of the congenital defects.
- Beta Carotene found in spinach and kale is basic for the growth of cells & tissues. It aids in achieving a healthy vision & strengthens the immune power.
- Vitamin c in broccoli is not only imperative for strong bones & teeth development but also for the development of connective tissues like cartilage and tendons
Pregnant women’s are prohibited from consumption of fish during pregnancy because of the presence of contaminants in fish. methylmercury found in most fish at least in negligible amount is a neurotoxin, making fish for consumption unsafe. Salmon is an exception to these categories
Nutritional Content: Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Proteins, Vitamin B & DHA.
- Key benefits of having omega03 fatty acid in the diet
isdeveloped eyesight, enhanced neurological development & excellent cardiovascular health of the baby as well as expecting mom.
- While Proteins induce muscle growth & repair, vitamin regulates optimal blood pressure, restrict heart disorders and build a stronger immune system. Vitamins also work as an antioxidant to fight toxin.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) support in the growth of the fetus brain. In prevents. expecting mothers from postpartum depression.
Legumes are mostly consumed in a regular diet in many households in India. Legumes like soybeans, lentils, peas & beans serve as a nutritional powerhouse for pregnant women.
Nutritional Content: Magnesium, potassium, folate, iron, essential fatty acids, soluble fiber & compound like phytochemicals.
- Phytochemicals compound detected in legumes has the capability to decrease the risk of heart disease, diabetes & cancer.
- Fiber aids in preventions from a common problem in pregnancy like constipation and hemorrhoids.
- Magnesium, potassium, folate, iron, essential fatty acids keep a tab on the overall healthy growth of a fetus.
An egg is a super-food which assures to provide ever nutrient that a body needs.
Nutritional Content: Single egg contains high-quality protein, fat, minerals & vitamins making it of 77 calories. It is a rich source of choline too
while Choline-rich eggs benefit in neurological development of an unborn baby, Protein turn out to be building block of baby body, as every fetal cell is made of protein
sometime back all types of nuts were restricted from the diet of expecting mothers.
Nutritional Content: Omega 3 fatty acid, proteins, fibers
- Pistachio is a great source of protein and fiber. Pista has a low glycemic index that is ideal for expecting moms suffering from diabetes.
- Walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acid which is good for the development of the fetus. Expecting moms eating walnuts improve the chances of boosting the brain function of baby.
- Consuming almonds aids in reduce allergies in babies, lowers risks of preeclampsia.